JQM help and advice for cooking a Turkey Crown and easy gravy
Turkey Crown & Easy Gravy
You will need
Large roasting tin and rack
Salt and pepper
- 2 onions with skin on roughly cut into 4 or 6 pieces
- 3 large carrots skin left on and cut into 3
- 1 large leek cut into 4 pieces (wash to make sure you remove any grit)
- 3 stalks of celery cut into 3 pieces each
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- Take your cooking times form our help and advice on cooking times link
- Heat oven to 190c/170c fan or gas mark 5
- Place at the bottom of the roasting pan
- Cover the vegetables with warm kettle water about an inch high in roasting tray.
- Place the rack over the top of the roasting tin and place the Turkey crown on to the rack.
- Salt and pepper to taste (season well)
- With tin foil create a “tent” over the whole roasting tin making sure to scrunch the edges to keep the moisture in.
- For the last 20 minutes of the cooking take off the tin foil to allow the Turkey Crown to brown.
- Once cooked place the Turkey Crown onto a suitable board and let it rest.
- Carefully pour the contents of the roasting tin through a sieve into a large saucepan, check for seasoning and thicken with cornflour to desired consistency.