Hand trimmed with just the right of fat.
Superb tasting steaks, perfect for frying or grilling.
Cooking Hints and Tips
Below is a list of cooking categories, choose your preference and follow the advice to achieve the perfect steak for you.
- Blue: Should still be a dark colour, almost purple, and just warm. It will feel spongy with no resistance.
- Rare: Dark red in colour with some red juice flowing. It will feel soft and spongy with slight resistance.
- Medium-rare: Pink in colour with some juice. It will be a bit soft and spongy and slightly springy.
- Medium: Pale pink in the middle with hardly any juice. It will feel firm and springy.
- Well-done: Only a trace of pink colour but not dry. It will feel spongy and soft and slightly springy.
It is particularly important to take into consideration the size weight of your steak before calculating the cooking time, always bring your steak up to room temperature before cooking.
Suggested cooking times:
We suggest the following cooking times for a 2cm thick steak:
- Blue: 1½ mins each side
- Rare: 2¼ mins each side
- Medium-rare: 3¼ mins each side
- Medium: 4½ mins each side
Using a meat thermometer?
- Medium rare: 63C
- Medium: 71C
- Well done:75C
Cooking your steak:
- Bring to room temperature
- Place a frying pan onto high heat for a minute or so to get the pan hot.
- Brush sunflower oil onto both sides of the steak and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks (do not overcrowd the pan) into the frying pan and LEAVE for the required time for your chosen category.
- Turn once the time is up and repeat on the other side.
- Once cooked, take out of the frying pan place onto a suitable board and leave to rest.
- Steak should be rested for at least 5 minutes to allow the juices to be reabsorbed making the steak juicy and tender.