Introducing JQM ESSENTIALS
A new and exciting essential range of everyday products where you can find excellent value coupled with the JQM quality our customers expect.
Our beef mince essential range is of excellent value.
Giving you a great flavour for family meals.
Prep: 30 mins
Cooking: 30 mins (may need an extra 10 mins)
Pasta mix Ingredients
- 175g pasta of choice
- 2tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 4 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 level tbsp plain flour
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
Topping Crust Ingredients
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 30g (1oz) plain flour
- 300ml (½ pint) milk
- 1 level tsp dry mustard powder
- 60g (2oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Set the oven to the gas mark at 6 or 200°C. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10-14 mins, or as directed on the packet, until just tender, then drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and cook it over medium heat for 4-5 mins, until it starts to soften. Add beef mince and celery to the pan and cook for a further 5-8 mins, stirring well so the meat browns all over.
- Add flour to the pan and cook for a further minute, stirring until the mixture has thickened, then stir in the tomatoes and 150ml boiling water. Stir well while the mixture comes to a boil. Stir in the stock cube, then add the Worcestershire sauce and seasoning to taste. Simmer for 2-3 mins. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the drained pasta. Tip the mixture out into an ovenproof dish ready to add the crust topping.
- Making the crust topping,
- Melt the butter in a pan and add flour. Cook for 1-2 mins until mixture forms a thick paste, then gradually pour in the milk, beating well and allowing mixture to come to the boil between each addition of liquid. Remove pan from heat and add mustard powder and half the cheese. Season to taste. Spoon sauce over pasta, spreading it to cover. Sprinkle remaining cheese over.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30-40 mins, or until the mixture is golden on top and sizzling hot. Serve immediately.